There is nothing I detest more than a book slump. It makes most books awful and unappealing. I pick up book after book and nothing is good. Until I find one that is. To help you with your book slump, here are some of the books I recommend to help you get out of a slump.
- Harry Potter (or any other book that is an old favourite of yours)- I used to love picking up the Harry Potter books as a cleanser between series when nothing was appealing to me. Unfortunately once I divided my books into read and unread, my Harry Potter books were lost to the wilderness that is my read book collection.
- The Creepy Hollow series by Rachel Morgan- I absolutely love Rachel Morgan’s Creepy Hollow series and just like Harry Potter, they are great to get you out of a slump.
- The Kiss Thief by L.J Shen- If contemporary is more of your buzz (or you would prefer a contemporary read for your slump), “This Kiss Thief” is a perfect light yet compelling read. I dare you to pick this up and try to stop midway without finishing this book.
- Anything by Leigh Bardugo- Leigh Bardugo is amazing and everything she writes is gold. That is all. My all-time favourite series by her is the Six of Crows duology.
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer- I credit this book for getting me out of my current book slump. It is a gorgeous retelling of “Beauty and the Beast” that I devoured in a single sitting.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas- Another great “Beauty and the Beast” retelling. Readers either love or hate it but it is worth reading if only to get to the major twists in the sequel.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber- Excellent writing, unusually magical world-building and a mysterious hero/villain who no one ever sees but somehow sees and knows everything. Caraval is one of my all-time favorite books and I definitely recommend it if you are in a book slump.
What do you read when you are in a book slump? Are there any books you think I might have missed?
Let me know below.