We are already a week in to August and I have done barely any reading at all. Things have been pretty hectic at work and I’ve been working overtime whenever possible so it has been tough to find any reading time. For that reason, my August TBR is pretty short:
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart- I started reading this and it is SOO good. Only problem is I’m waiting to have enough time to read it all in one setting and so far there doesn’t seem to be such a time.
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton- This was one of my most anticipated reads but once again, I’m waiting to have enough time for over 100 pages.
- The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher- I am currently listening to this on Audible and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. It seems a bit dramatic but it is really intriguing.
Which of these books have you already read? I’d love to know below.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that I’ve been suffering with really bad headaches and my eyes have started hurting because of my glasses. My glasses are old and I just found out that they were the wrong prescription (the trainee who did my eyetest in 2015 messed up somehow and gave me a prescription from my 2013 glasses. So basically my glasses are from a prescription that is FOUR YEARS OLD!!!) Thankfully I have gone back to my regular optometrist and now I have glasses that I can see with (but they still give me headaches because they’re so strong. Just typing this post gave me a headache). Anyway all this is to say that I’m pretty optimistic that August is going to be a great reading month. Here’s what’s on my August TBR:
1) The Internet Made Me Do It (Avery Fowler 2.0 Trilogy Book 2) by Jennifer Ammoscato: I read some of this and it is hilarious. When Avery is fired and cannot find work, she decides to write the next Fifty Shades of Grey. As someone who experienced the stress of job-hunting, I support this idea whole-heartedly.
2) Internet Famous by Danika Stone: I don’t remember what this was about but I know that there’s been ton of praise for this book.
3) The Divine Heart by Danielle Mani: The Divine Heart is my current read and I am enjoying it so very much. I’m not too far into it (the text hurt my eyes but hopefully that isn’t the problem with my new glasses) so I don’t really know where the plot is going but I really liked this series.
4) Lessons in Falling by Diana Gallagher: This is another Netgalley read that I didn’t get to. It seemed like an intriguing romance but then I read a really negative review and now I have mixed feelings.
What are you planning to read it August? I’d love to know.