When you’re a bookworm, it’s difficult to keep up with all the great books out there. I spent a large portion of my teen years unable to access books because a) they were expensive and b) my parents had no time to take me to the library. Also, I automatically hated any series that was popular but had no vampires. Like why did they even exist? Here are a few popular series I still haven’t read:
- The Chronicles of Narnia: This one upsets me because I really loved the movies. At 21, I still haven’t read any of the books.
- Percy Jackson’s Series: I don’t even know what this series is called *throws self on floor and cries hysterically* These movies were also pretty good.
- The Infernal Devices: I stopped reading The Mortal Instruments after the way book 3 ended beautifully and this meant that I never read any of the spin-offs. However I do own The Infernal Devices in eBook format and I have a signed copy of Lady Midnight. I also have an untouched and unread copy of The Shadowhunter Chronicles. Just call me The Book Hoarder.
- Bloodlines: I own several of the books in this series but I haven’t read it. I’m scared it’s not going to be as good as Vampire Academy and so I just don’t want to read it. But I have it. Just in case I want to read it.
- House of Night: I did not like this series and will not read it. I know it isn’t as popular now and it was when it first came out but omg I hate it. I tried reading the first book and the experience just felt painful.
What popular books or series haven’t you read yet? Have you read any of the series I mentioned? What did you think of it? Let me know below.
It’s that time of the month again! April is almost over (HOW is the year moving so quickly???) which means it’s time for another book haul.
I was really good this month and bought a pretty reasonable amount of books. Are you laughing at me? Stop it. I swear I’m serious! I’ll show you.
My SPCA book haul was pretty small especially considering I made my mother buy a few of these. It was just slightly over R100 and I am incredibly proud of myself for that.
There are a few Buffy books that I realised only after buying that they were all part of various series so I’m probably not going to read them. Then there’s “The Ship of Brides” by Jojo Moyes. I haven’t read much by her besides “Me Before You” and “After You”. I enjoyed those books immensely though so I’m guessing I’ll enjoy this too. Nora Robert’s “Dance Upon the Air” and “Heaven and Earth” were two books I had been looking for since I found the third book (I think it’s called “Face the Fire” but I’m not too sure) at the SPCA book sale earlier on in the year. I don’t remember the series that well but I know that I loved it. “The Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena” was one of those “I’m going to read this series eventually so I should just buy the books” purchases. Have I started the series yet? Nope. Are you surprised? I didn’t think so. Lastly I bought Kardashian Konfidential. I wasn’t sure if I wanted it but since it was R20 my mother convinced me to take it. Can you see where I get my spending habits from?
Of course after this small haul I felt a bit bad because none of these books were books that made me go “Omg I can’t wait to read these”. So I decided to go to Bargain Books and they were having a sale. So I just browsed. And came home with this:
Now THOSE books made me say “Omg I can’t wait to get home and start reading”. Especially since every time I visited Bargain Books since last year November, I would pick up “All the Bright Places” and wish that it was discounted. All of these books actually are books that I really wanted for a long time so this haul made me really happy.
Then the week after that I was working on a Saturday and decided to reward myself with a visit to the bookstore. I found this gem for sale.
Look at how gorgeous it looks in the sun. Why don’t I take more book pictures in the sun?
I didn’t do much reading this month (hey I just started work okay? I am adjusting to being an adult) but I did read and enjoy Glass Faerie by Rachel Morgan.
What was your April book haul like? What did you read? I’d love to know below.
Happy New Year everyone! I’m so thrilled that 2017 is finally here because there’s so many great books coming out! Here are a few of my most anticipated reads for 2017:
1) The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
2) One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
3) Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
4) A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
5) Now I Rise by Kiersten White
6) Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
7) Because You Love to Hate Me by Various Authors
8) Caraval by Stephanie Garber
9) Firstborn by Tosca Lee
What books are you most looking forward to reading in 2017?