This is going to be my last book haul for a while since I’m…you know, unemployed (that word hurts me so much). Anyway here are my books for Jan:
There’s my regular SPCA finds (I’m going to miss the SPCA. Who’s going to help save the dogs???)
And then there’s my books from Bargain Books.
I just started Rebel of the Sands and it’s impossible to stop reading.
What books did you buy during Jan? I’d love to know below.
During my exams I found some great Netgalley reads. Sadly I didn’t get enough time to finish them since I’ve been spending time with family over the festive season. So my December TBR is more like a 2017 TBR. I hate the idea of going into 2017 with books from the previous year but it can’t be helped. Here are some of the books I’m hoping to finish before 2017 or in the first week of 2017:
1) Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen- I love Sarina Bowen’s writing and novels. There’s something so real about them and you can’t help but fall in love with the characters. I don’t remember much of what this book is about (I read the synopsis a while back but I want to go into this book completely free from any spoilers).
2) Gilded Cage by Vic James- when I just think about this book, I get butterflies. I’ve seen it on Booktube and I can’t believe I managed to get it
3) Bookish Ever After by Isabel Bandeira- This book follows the story of a bookworm who uses her favourite books as a guide for her love life. I felt like this book was about me so I can’t wait to get back to reading it.
4) The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne- This is a historical romance and I love historical romance so enough said.
What books are you hoping to finish before 2016 ends? I’d love to know below.
Sometimes a book that has been talked about isn’t that great. It’s just a book with a huge marketing budget. But sometimes a book really does live up to it’s hype. Some of those really popular books that I’ve enjoyed are listed below.
1) The Wrath and The Dawn series by Renée Ahdieh- Great writing, a strong female protagonist and incredibly world-building are just some of the aspects of this series. There’s a beautiful romance as well as fairytales that I adored.
2) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas- A fae retelling of Beauty and The Beast, I was gripped by this book (and it’s sequel). I’m so thrilled with this book that I now spend my days searching the web to find people currently reading the series so that I may cheer them on with over-enthusiastic comments about how amazing this book is. Like The Wrath and The Dawn series, this has a strong female lead with excellent world-building. Unlike The Wrath and The Dawn, this is a much darker story but I loved every second of it.
3) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas- If you read A Court of Thorns and Roses, this is what it’ll be like on steroids. A Court of Mist and Fury is unbelievably better. I don’t know how that’s possible because the first book was my everything but this one just blows my mind. It’s darker and more intense with surprises at every turn.
4) The List by Siobhan Vivian- another book that I’m obsessed with is The List. Every year a list is released of the prettiest and ugliest girls in the school. Their reactions are recorded in this book. As a girl who had something like this done (in primary school!!!), this novel is especially close to my heart.
5) Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn- Mercedes has an unusual after-school hobby. She helps young males learn how to give their girlfriends a perfect “first time”. Mercedes sees this as a favour to the other girls because she wants them to have the special experience she never did. This book was mysterious and thrilling (I cannot say more on that) and I enjoyed it immensely.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Do you think there’s a book or series that I missed out? I’d love to know (I’m soo behind on my book news). Feel free to leave a comment below.