My September TBR is pretty small since I still have a few older books that I want to finish. There have been such amazing releases recently that my older books keep getting pushed back. Here are the books that I want to read for September:
1)Law Of Tall Girls by Joanne Macgregor: I’m currently reading this and IT IS SO GOOD! It took me a while to get into this book since it just reminded me of my awkward teen years and I couldn’t help but cringe at all the memories this book brought back.
2) The Final Girls by Riley Sager: This is a murder mystery about three girls who are the sole survivors of three different massacres. Dubbed “The Final Girls” by the press, there is someone who is targeting these girls. It’s been a while since I read a murder mystery (maybe forever?) so I can’t wait to read this.
3) The Bride Who Got Lucky by Janna MacGregor: This is the sequel to “The Unlucky Bride” and follows Emma, the headstrong bookworm from the first book. I loved Emma’s character and I am so glad that she gets her own story.
Books From Past TBRs:
- The Divine Heart by Danielle R Mani
- The Internet Made Me Do it by Jennifer Ammoscato
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
What’s on your September TBR? Have you read any of these books? What did you think? I’d love to know below.
There’s been a strike at my university so the vice-chancellor brought our mid-semester break forward. This doesn’t work out to my advantage since I still have work to do for my classes. Usually my mid-semester break is spent catching up on reading but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen anytime soon. It is for that reason that my September TBR is a mix of books for college and some really amazing Netgalley reads that I can’t wait to start.
Assigned Readings for Class:
1) A Grain of Wheat by Ngugi Wa Thiongo: this is the last book for my previous English module. I actually missed out on the classes on this section because the strike was violent so I didn’t go to campus.
2) English Handbook: I’m going to be honest with you guys…I’m probably not going to read this until just before exams. Reading the articles based on the books we’ve studied in class is my way of preparing for exams.
3) A Grain of Wheat Study Guide: I found this in the library and I’m in awe. I’ve never found a study guide for any of my college books so this is so fascinating to me. I’m still undecided as to whether I will be reading this now or in preparation for exams.
1) Rise of the Chosen by Anna Kopp: I’ve heard really great things about this book so I can’t wait to start it. Preferably before the book releases.
2) Immortal Writers by Jill Bowers: I was actually reading this before university closed and it was so fun. The Immortal Writers are writers who are so talented that their characters COME TO LIFE! How exciting is that? I get giddy imagining what if that could really happen.
3) The Pleasure of the Rose by Jane Bonander: I’ve never read anything by Bonander before but I love historical romance so I was really excited to read this.(I say “was” because this was a while back and I can no longer remember what the book is about. I do know that I really liked the plot though).
4) Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky by Holly Martin: I love love love Holly Martin’s writing. Her characters are always so colourful and lively and her writing is very entertaining. I can’t wait to start reading this book.
I hate hate hate my local library (we’ll get into that some other time). However when I visited them to get a copy of A Grain of Wheat, I ended up with the books pictured above. Am I going to finish them all? Probably not. But I’d love to try.
What books are on your TBR for the month?