Sometimes a book that has been talked about isn’t that great. It’s just a book with a huge marketing budget. But sometimes a book really does live up to it’s hype. Some of those really popular books that I’ve enjoyed are listed below.
1) The Wrath and The Dawn series by Renée Ahdieh- Great writing, a strong female protagonist and incredibly world-building are just some of the aspects of this series. There’s a beautiful romance as well as fairytales that I adored.
2) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas- A fae retelling of Beauty and The Beast, I was gripped by this book (and it’s sequel). I’m so thrilled with this book that I now spend my days searching the web to find people currently reading the series so that I may cheer them on with over-enthusiastic comments about how amazing this book is. Like The Wrath and The Dawn series, this has a strong female lead with excellent world-building. Unlike The Wrath and The Dawn, this is a much darker story but I loved every second of it.
3) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas- If you read A Court of Thorns and Roses, this is what it’ll be like on steroids. A Court of Mist and Fury is unbelievably better. I don’t know how that’s possible because the first book was my everything but this one just blows my mind. It’s darker and more intense with surprises at every turn.
4) The List by Siobhan Vivian- another book that I’m obsessed with is The List. Every year a list is released of the prettiest and ugliest girls in the school. Their reactions are recorded in this book. As a girl who had something like this done (in primary school!!!), this novel is especially close to my heart.
5) Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn- Mercedes has an unusual after-school hobby. She helps young males learn how to give their girlfriends a perfect “first time”. Mercedes sees this as a favour to the other girls because she wants them to have the special experience she never did. This book was mysterious and thrilling (I cannot say more on that) and I enjoyed it immensely.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Do you think there’s a book or series that I missed out? I’d love to know (I’m soo behind on my book news). Feel free to leave a comment below.