Most of my June TBR are ebooks so I thought I’d share with you guys what’s on my eReader (which is actually just an Android tablet but I basically just use it for reading). I’m really excited for these books and I can’t wait to start reading them:
- The Internet Made Me Do It (Avery Fowler 2.0 Trilogy Book 2) by Jennifer Ammoscato: This is the second book in the Avery Fowler trilogy which I read a while back and absolutely loved. I can’t tell you what this book is about as I don’t know (I want to go into this book knowing absolutely nothing) but I know it’s definitely a great read if you’re looking for something light and fun.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus- Five people walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Tell me you don’t want to immediately track down a copy of this book and find out how it ends.
- Internet Famous by Danika Stone- Madi is intenet famous (of course she is, look at this book title) and she has a budding romance play out online which is absolutely adorable…until an online troll threatens it.
- Duke with Benefits by Manda Collins- I loved the first Studies in Scandal book and this one is no different. The bluestockings are back with another mystery and this time the focus is on the socially awkward Daphne and the really hot Duke. If you love mysteries or historical romances, I strongly suggest you read this series.
- Never Trust a Pirate by Valerie Bowman- I am currently in the middle of this and I don’t want it to end. I basically just follow this series partially for the romance but mainly to see the characters from the other books in this series. It makes me feel like I’m a part of their world and I love it!
Every once in a while there is a book that I absolutely have to have but can’t afford. I rarely buy books at the regular price so sometimes I wait years for books to go on sale before I finally buy them. 2016 was a really great year for books I really wanted. However those books are now just sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust. Here are five books that I really wanted to read but never got around to doing so:
1) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- I read the first three books in this series when I was in matric and never got around to finishing the series. I read spoilers online however and now I don’t feel like reading the last three books. This sucks since these books were part of my present and I can’t read any of Cassandra Clare’s other books until I finish this one.
2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare- I got a signed copy from Reader’s Warehouse which I never read because I wanted to finish The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices first. So yeah…probably not going to read this any time soon.
3) Soundless by Richelle Mead- I was beyond thrilled when I found this in the bookstore. But I’ve read the first chapter thrice already and it just doesn’t seem to hold my attention.
4) The Jewel by Amy Ewing- I don’t remember what this is about but I know I saw it on Booktube and fell in love. This book came home with me from the bookstore and went straight onto the shelves.
5) The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer- I got this in a mystery book box from Exclusive Books but never read it. I found Twilight difficult to get through during my last rereading so I don’t think I can read any more of Meyer’s work for a while.
Are there any books that you were excited to buy but never got around to reading? I’d love to know below.
As fun and amazing as reviewing the Durban International Film Festival has been, I’m really looking forward to returning to my regular reviews (I promise to post reviews of my DIFF 2016 movies soon). I’m especially excited since my birthday is on July 1st and I’m planning a big book splurge. After all it isn’t everyday that you turn 21. Here are the books I’m most excited to read for my winter vacation:
LOCAL IS LEKKER
Like I said above, I’m planning a huge birthday book splurge. However some of my favourite local authors have made my splurge plans super-easy by giving me ARCs. The local books I’m excited to read are:
1) “A Faerie’s Revenge” and “A Faerie’s Curse” by Rachel Morgan: I love the Creepy Hollow world and the first book in this part of the series (“A Faerie’s Secret”) had a heartbreaking cliffhanger. I literally couldn’t sleep after reading it and I’m dying to find out how it ends.
2) “Refuse” by Joanne Macgregor: The first book in this series, “Recoil” also ended on a cliffhanger so I’m eager to see this. I also love the main guy in this book. He’s Irish. Which I’ve mentioned before but whatever. I love the Irish. That accent *swoon*
3) Guardians of Summerfield series by Melissa Delport: I love love love the world-building in this series and the boxset was recently discounted on Amazon. I know Melissa had her reasons for discounting the boxset but I really feel like she did it for me. Obviously the book universe approves of my birthday book plans. Needless to say this is my birthday present to myself.
Work in Progress (AKA Books I Started Reading and Abandoned for Exams)
1) The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead: I was enjoying this book until I read a negative review which put me off this book completely. I’d love to finish reading it.
2) The Winner’s Curse by Maria Rutkoski: This was another book that I was really enjoying. I’m not too fond of the main characters though who obviously have an attraction between them but don’t seem to do anything about it.
3) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins: I have no idea why I haven’t finished this book when I loved this series so much. Stephanie Perkins writes such amazing character. Etienne St Clair is boyfriend goals (and I say that despite my hate for using the term “goals”).
I normally save all my book-ish stuff for Fiction Friday (unless I’m too impatient or it’s too good to not share immediately). This is one of those times.
April brings with it a large variety of books from a large variety of sources. I’m calling this post a haul instead of TBR because I’m so behind on campus work I don’t even know if I can make it to read these books. Anyway, here they are:
1) Someone Like You by Jennifer Gracen- I love Jennifer Grace’s work. This is a beautiful romance set in New York. I’ve already read it and I can’t wait for you guys to see my review.
2) The Wild Herald by Ron C Nieto- I won this ARC in a Facebook party. Honestly I don’t know much about it such I’ve only read the first book and this is the third but I really can’t wait to see how it all ends!
3) Summer at Rose Island by Holly Martin- Holly Martin writes light-hearted romance books that are impossible NOT to love. I especially like this series with it’s colourful town and it’s cheerful characters.
4) The List by Siobhan Vivian- I’ve been waiting for this book forever. Every year some mean anonymous person posts a list of the prettiest and the ugliest girl in each grade. This book details how the list changes all of these girl’s lives and not for the better.
What are you looking forward to reading in April? Have you read any of these books?
So many books, so little time. Here are the reads I’m eager to devour now that I’m on break.
1) Insurgent by Veronica Roth- I loved reading Divergent and would have completed the series if I hadn’t read a major spoiler. I’m sure some of you guys know exactly what I’m talking about. Nonetheless I’d love to be able to finally finish the series or even just the second book.
2) Gracie’s Song by Michelle Schlicher- I just got a review copy of this and I really can’t wait to read it! It looks like such an amazing story.
3) Welcome to the Real World by Lauren Berger- I’ve had this book on my TBR for a really long time now and what better time to read it than my senior year of college.
4) Slammed by Colleen Hoover- I read Slammed last year and instantly fell in love with the characters as well as Colleen Hoover’s writing. I’d love to reread it.
5) The Harry Potter Series- okay so I’ve already started on this. Harry Potter calmed me down when I was stressed last year and I’m hoping that a reread this year will have the same effect.
What’s on your TBR list?