I don’t always read contemporary romance but when I do, I go for authors that I’ve already read before. Here are seven of my favourite contemporary romance authors.
- Nora Roberts- I feel like most of the world is obsessed with Nora Roberts and rightfully so. Her characters are real and her writing feels soothing. I’ve yet to find a Nora Roberts book that I didn’t enjoy.
- Lisa Kleypas- Like Nora Roberts, reading Lisa Kleypas books soothes me. I think it’s because I’ve read them all so often that rereading them feels like coming home to an old friend.
- Rachel Morgan- Rachel Morgan writes contemporary YA romance as Richelle Morgan. Her Trouble series is one of my all-time favourite YA contemporary books. It still breaks my heart that the series is over. The books were SOO good.
- Jennifer Gracen- Another automatic go-to author is Jennifer Gracen. Her characters usually have some sort of darkness or issue holding them back but it just makes me love them more.
- Holly Martin- Holly Martin’s books are light and lovely and they make me want to curl up in bed with a snack and read read read. LOVE THEM!
- Joanne Macgregor- I haven’t read that many YA contemporary romances by Joanne Macgregor (just Scarred which I really enjoyed!) but I love her writing and how real her characters are. She’s recently released a contemporary retelling of The Little Mermaid called Hushed.
- Kody Keplinger- I loved loved LOVED The Duff book and the movie. I haven’t read anything else by Kody Keplinger but it’s fine. I trust her writing. Also, I kinda threw myself at her books when I found them on sale at the bookstore (there was only one copy of each left and I didn’t want anyone else to get them).
What are some of your favourite contemporary books and authors? What authors do you buy even if you don’t know much about their books? I’d love to know below.