Every once in a while there is a book that I absolutely have to have but can’t afford. I rarely buy books at the regular price so sometimes I wait years for books to go on sale before I finally buy them. 2016 was a really great year for books I really wanted. However those books are now just sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust. Here are five books that I really wanted to read but never got around to doing so:
1) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- I read the first three books in this series when I was in matric and never got around to finishing the series. I read spoilers online however and now I don’t feel like reading the last three books. This sucks since these books were part of my present and I can’t read any of Cassandra Clare’s other books until I finish this one.
2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare- I got a signed copy from Reader’s Warehouse which I never read because I wanted to finish The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices first. So yeah…probably not going to read this any time soon.
3) Soundless by Richelle Mead- I was beyond thrilled when I found this in the bookstore. But I’ve read the first chapter thrice already and it just doesn’t seem to hold my attention.
4) The Jewel by Amy Ewing- I don’t remember what this is about but I know I saw it on Booktube and fell in love. This book came home with me from the bookstore and went straight onto the shelves.
5) The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer- I got this in a mystery book box from Exclusive Books but never read it. I found Twilight difficult to get through during my last rereading so I don’t think I can read any more of Meyer’s work for a while.
Are there any books that you were excited to buy but never got around to reading? I’d love to know below.