No matter what your view on eBooks or paperbacks, the fact remains that the Amazon Kindle is a pretty popular device. But if, like me, you’ve considered purchasing a Kindle, you might still be on the fence trying to decide if you should take the plunge or not. Here are my top 5 reasons why you should purchase a Kindle device.
- You can read anywhere: On the bus? In the bathtub? On the beach? Don’t worry, the Kindle has got you covered
- The internet won’t be able to distract you: This is a major selling point for me. Reading on my Kindle app on the tablet or the cellphone usually almost always leads to me getting distracted by the internet whether it’s a notification from an app or just me needing to Google something. A proper Kindle device instead of the app means you can focus just on your book with no distractions.
- You can read in the dark (a huge plus if you’re South African): Save on your light bill by reading on your Kindle. Or if you’re South African, make the most of load shedding by reading when the lights go off. Ask any bookworm in South African and they can confirm that lots of reading takes place during load shedding.
- No need to worry about lugging around heavy books: Carry the entire series of “Game of Thrones” without a worry. Having a Kindle means you can have access to thousands of books without worrying about space.
- You can read trashy romance novels without anyone judging you: Something else you don’t have to worry about when you have a Kindle is people judging your choice in books. Whether this is a trashy romance novel or Twilight, your secret read is safe with you and your Kindle.
Basically, having a Kindle allows you the privacy of reading whatever you want, whenever you want without any space restrictions.