I love fantasy novels. They allow me to escape the real world for an hour or two without having to leave the comfort of my bed (which IMO is the best kind of travelling). Here are seven of my top fantasy authors:
- Sarah J Maas- Sarah J Maas is my QUEEN! I don’t even care about her “Throne of Glass” series but I am so very obsessed with the “A Court of Thorns and Roses” series that I believe she should be mentioned first on this list. If you haven’t read ACOTAR yet go and get it. I promise it will be worth your while.
- Rachel Morgan- Rachel Morgan’s “Creepy Hollow” series has the same incredible world-building and crazy plot twists that you can find in a Sarah J Maas novel. Also, she’s South African so if you order her books directly from her you can get them SIGNED!
- Renee Ahdieh- I’ve only read “The Wrath and the Dawn” duology but I loved it so very much. I think Renee Ahdieh has beautiful writing and incredible world-building. Also the guy is TWATD is super-hot.
- Marissa Meyer- Marissa Meyer writes compelling adaptations for the stories that we know and love. Two of my favourites are The Lunar Chronicles series (a steampunk-ish kind of fantasy) and Heartless (a story about the terrifying Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland).
- Melissa Delport- Melissa Delport is another local author. I am utterly in love with the vampire, Drake from her Guardians of Summerfield series (I fall in love with alot of fictional characters if you didn’t already know that).
- Richelle Mead- Vampire Academy was one of my all-time favourite vampire series and that makes Richelle Mead one of my all-time favourite authors
- J.K Rowling- Because I will love Harry Potter. Always
Who are some of your favourite fantasy authors? Let me know in a comment.
Glass Faerie by Rachel Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
*am holding the fifth star of my rating hostage until the rest of this series is released*
I feel like this was a really quick read and I say that as someone who’s in a severe reading slump. Glass Faerie is the third part of the Creepy Hollow series and is the story of Emmy, a faerie who has lived as a human up until now. Not only is Emmy a faerie, she is also Griffin Gifted. We all know how the Guild is towards the Griffin Gifted so Emmy’s new world just got a whole lot more complicated. I loved how there was so much mystery and uncertainty about Emmy and her background. What is she? How is she whatever she is? I liked the character of Dash but honestly I was just interested in seeing Chase again. I think he may be my favourite Creepy Hollow character of all time. I loved how Rachel Morgan shows us a different side of Creepy Hollow. It has been a while since book 6 and this one and the book clearly shows how much things have changed. I feel like the Creepy Hollow world keeps evolving and I love that! It makes everything so much more realistic and fun to read.
I flew through this book and I kinda regret that because I have no idea how long the wait for the next book is.
View all my reviews
A Faerie’s Secret by Rachel Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I have no words to describe my feelings for this book. If I could give it six stars I would!Calla has longed to be a Guardian and her wishes finally come true. But things aren’t as great as she thought they would be. Her mentor and classmates seem to hate her, someone is trying to kill her and she gets tangled up with a mysterious artifact that gives her yet another Griffin Ability- an ability beyond normal fae.In the midst of all this, Calla meets Chase. I love how Chase was a million times more better than Nate and I couldn’t stop thinking that throughout the book.If you’ve read the first part of the series you know that Nate was Vi’s first love but turned out to be a jerk.Chase seems like a totally great guy and I really hoped that he wouldn’t end up like Nate did.Speaking of endings, this ending blew my mind and broke my heart.I loved the first part of the Creepy Hollow series but Calla’s story is just “WOW!”
View all my reviews